Saturday, December 17, 2011

Resolution?

Well I talked to daycare and I felt like I got brushed off by the program director. BUT something has changed or clicked. She's been changed at daycare two days in a row and they are writing down her daily activites now. She was changed because she has a faucet of drool coming out of her mouth and it's soaking her shirt... to save on clothes we're going to have to get some bibs! I also randomly went into daycare this week. I told them I was going to do it but didnt' exactly tell them when. As for the daytime provider... I think we're on the same page and we understand eachother a little better. She doesn't have kids of her own which makes me nervous but my cousin and friends have worked at a daycare and they don't have kids of their own and they love the babies, so maybe that is a feeling that isn't valid and I just need to get over.

Ellie has a cough that has been going on for a few weeks now. Partly because of a runny nose, partly because she was sick a couple of weeks ago. Either way, I hope it goes away soon. Each cough is like a dagger in my heart. She was getting melatonin to help her sleep through the night but she'd still wake up at 2 or 3, so one night she didn't get it and slept through the night, she hasn't gotten it for a week and has been doing better at sleeping through the night. (Yes, melatonin is not exactly normal for children to get to help them sleep but when you can't see day or night you can get a little mixed up on sleeping times.) I think melatonin has jump-started her normal sleeping pattern, I just hope it continues.

She's still not eating food, but since she started feeding therapy her mouth is a little less sensative... baby steps right? And she has teeth! 4 on top, 4 on bottom and 2 coming in on the sides (random premolars). Anyway, it's time to hit the books before my deadline comes and goes. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that daycare is finally writing things down for you because that is vital information especially with therapy going on. Her cough probably due to the running nose that came from her teeth! That never fails with babies and teething. Just stinks. So happy to hear she is off of melatonin and is sleeping so much better now! She will start eating more as the therapy goes on and her mouth because less sensitive and her teeth don't hurt too. Much love being sent to you all!

    ReplyDelete