Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year Resolutions

This is Ellie's blog, but she's not old enough to type or write, or even talk yet so I'll tell you my new year resolutions.

1) Not to accept anything less then the best. This goes for Ellie's medical care, her daycare, her therapists, her clothes and toys. This is the least I can do for her. She has been through more in her life then she deserves, as have most special needs kids, so that is what I can do for her.

2) To do the best I can. I work full time and take a full load of classes and take care of the house (ok so that's mutual between me and the husband but still). Dusty and I have a lot going on in our lives, we have our own wants and desires and we have ones that we want and desire for Ellie. She take precedence but that doesn't mean that we won't take time for ourselves. We will do the best that we can for her and ourselves. (Luckily I have a husband who makes me take time for myself! We're good for each other like that.)

3) To make progress. Heck yes I want her to eat, even baby food. I want her to stand and talk and walk and twist and turn like she's supposed to. BUT that may or may not happen in the next year, who knows! What I do know is that she will make progress, little by little she will do something better today then she did yesterday and that's all we can expect and ask for.

4) To learn! We will go to the The MAGIC Foundation's Convention in July again. It's great to be around people who understand or know about your daily struggles as a parent of a child like Ellie. It's also educational, even if we learn just one thing new, it's completely worth it! And just like not settling for anything less then the best we will be on par with the doc's and their terminology. In order to get the best care it's nice to have two people speaking the same language.

5) VIDEO'S! I bought a small and easy video camera last year for the convention and thought, sure I'll use it again... well I just got it out of storage. I also bought a small (and portable) tripod to get better videos.

Here are some new and old videos from the video camera for you to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love watching Ellie grow! thank you for sharing these wonderful videos! She is improved so much! Just watching her do things is awesome! She has grown so much and has come so far! Your right she does deserve nothing but the best! She is a really special child and has proven so many doctors wrong. Can't wait till the next one and hold in there, you are strong and can do so much! You are a woman and a mother and we can do anything!

    ReplyDelete