Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our 1st MAGIC Foundation Convention!

Last weekend we went to the 2011 MAGIC Foundation Convention and it was absolutely AMAZING!!! I can't even begin to tell how happy Ellie and I were. But we'll focus on Ellie since this is her blog ;). Let's start with the flights. Well it was her nap time flying up there but have no fear, she did AMAZING! She got a little cranky but quickly hushed when I layed her on the empty seat to sleep. I was worried about the expo and crowds and El's attitude, no reason! She did great! She let a rep at Nova Nordisk (her growth hormone supplier) at the expo hold her without so much as a peep. She did more laughing and smiling then crying or being cranky. And she was perfect on the way back. She got to spend time with her Mamaw and Aunt Jess, and her cousin Em and Wes. It was just an amazing weekend all around!!!

I feel like I learned a lot. There were some things I already knew because Dusty likes to learn as much as he can, which means I have to learn to keep up with him. But I learned the correct term for her condition (ONH), I learned more about hormone replacements and when combinations could pose risks, what to do in emergency situations, anatomy and physiology of the brain, and a few other things that I can't think of right now. We met lovely new friends, especially Ellie's ONH "twin" Carsen and her mommy. Very few kids have similar symptoms but Carsen seems to be spot on with Ellie. (Minus the feeding issues.) Either way it was nice to meet another mom and baby with some of the same hormone issues. DI is rare so it's nice to meet another mom with a baby that has DI. It's one of those relating with one another things. I also met two adult girls with ONH, Mandy and Lisa. They are both independant and doing awesome things. Mandy drives but Lisa doesn't, but that doesn't stop her from going places.

As for lately with Ellie. She got another tooth! Her top teeth are coming in which is super exciting and A-D-O-R-ABLE! We were going from 10 bites to 1/2 jar of food everyday but now she's refusing anything. And I say again, it's not the taste but the food just the texture or the spoon or something. She's also rolling over now. Well, I've been saying that she can from her back to belly and belly to back. She did it from belly to back when she was upset and I made her roll over so she could wake up and eat, she just needed a reminder and then over she went. While I'm excited she's rolling, I'm also nervous. No more letting her be on the bed by herself anymore. All in all she's doing great! Soon I'll be posting links to a couple of seminars with the leading researcher Dr. Mark Borchert.

El relaxing in bed before Friday of seminars started.

Friday at dinner with Amanda, Carsen, Me, Ellie, Lisa, Mandy, Becky

The dinner was silly hat themed and someone gave Ellie a star headband!

Wesley, Ellie, Emma

My sister Jessica, Wes and El. Wesley said "Can I please hold baby Ellie now?"

Two amazing girls! Em and El

Ellie listening intently to Mamaw

No comments:

Post a Comment